Lead Primary Guide
Alder Montessori, Alliance for Equity in Montessori Education
17200 SE Alder Street
Portland, OR 97233
We are seeking qualified applicants for a Lead Primary Montessori Guide at our Alder Montessori School which provides high-quality Montessori early childhood education free of cost to low-Income children and families. Alder Montessori is co-located at Alder Elementary School, within the Reynolds School District, and serves children ages 3-6 within our two multi-age classrooms. Most of our children enter as English language learners.
The primary guide will be responsible for presenting and integrating primary (Preschool & Kindergarten) curriculum for students, facilitating parent engagement/education and conferences, record and data management, and student assessment. The primary guide will receive guidance and support from our School/Education Director, provide day to day support and oversight to the bilingual classroom assistant (s) and collaborate modeling grace, courtesy and compassion with all students, families, peers, supervisors, and partner stakeholders.
Experience Required: 3 or more years as lead Montessori primary guide/teacher
Education Required: 1) University undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study, and 2) AMI or AMS Montessori primary teaching certification
Preference for Candidates with the Following Qualifications/Experience:
• Bilingual – Spanish and English, verbal and written (our priority)
• Experience working in the public school system
• Master’s degree in the field of education
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
• Skills to motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, evaluate performance.
• Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods, Montessori method, and individualized student assessments and education planning.
• Strong personal and classroom organizational skills, attention to detail and a sense of collaboration.
• Abilities to perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents/guardians, other school personnel, meet schedules and deadlines.
• Significant physical abilities include mobility in the classroom, lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision.
This position requires Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate attained promptly prior to teaching in our classroom.
A successful candidate will bring dependability, creativity, joy, positive enthusiasm, professionalism and a dedicated to equity and high-quality Montessori early childhood education.
We seek a Montessori Guide who loves bringing a Montessori primary classroom to life, working with a collaborative approach, who is committed to equity, and genuinely enjoys people (young children and adults).
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time 10-month salaried exempt professional position. The hiring range for this position is $50,000 to $62,000, D.O.E.
Join us in bringing tuition-free high-quality Montessori education to children and families at a public-school setting in collaboration with agency partners! We care for you and our families. Our benefit package includes but is not limited to:
• Employer paid health, alternative care, dental and vision insurance for employees
• Paid vacation/school holidays (120 hours/15 days)
• Paid sick leave (80 hours)
• 9 Paid holidays
• 403(b) Pretax and ROTH retirement plan
• Short-term disability insurance
• Ongoing professional development opportunities
• Relocation financial assistance
To be considered for this position, please submit 1) a cover letter which describes how your background, work experience and skills make you a great candidate for this position, and (2) a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org