The Washington Montessori Institute welcomes your application so you can begin the exciting and powerful journey of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) training. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds: academic, racial, gender, ethnicity, dis/ability, professional, and orientation.
WMI accepts students on a rolling basis until the course is full.
As you begin the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
A member of our admissions committee will contact you once your application is complete, including transcripts and references. They will schedule an interview (in person or by phone/web call). After the interview, the committee will formally review your application. We will notify you within two weeks of your interview regarding acceptance.
We regret that WMI does not offer support for international student visas at this time.
WMI looks for candidates who demonstrate:
- The academic ability to pursue an intensive and deep study of child development
- A bachelor’s degree is not required; however many teaching positions will require a B.A. in addition to a Montessori diploma.
- Adequate oral language and writing abilities
- High-level organizational abilities to manage the varied requirements of the course
- Integrity of character and maturity of personality congruent with the demanding and important work of leading a community of young children
- Openness to new ideas and a revolutionary approach to human development
Please be ready to provide the following information with your application:
- Applicant’s contact information and demographic information
- Previous Montessori training, if applicable
- International students or non-native English speakers must provide scores from one of the following tests:
- 2-3 references (professional or academic)
- Educational history/employment history/resumé
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition varies by course, generally between $12,000-$16,500
- WMI offers three (3) payment plans, depending on the course
- Application Fee of $100 (non-refundable) for all diploma courses
- WMI does not offer financial aid but applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarships
- Extra fees for books, AMI membership, and supplies for material making
- Please refer to the individual course page for details