The Washington Montessori Institute welcomes your application so you can begin the exciting and powerful journey of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) training. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds: academic, racial, gender, ethnicity, dis/ability, professional, and orientation.
WMI accepts students on a rolling basis until the course is full.
As you begin the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
A member of our admissions committee will contact you once your application is complete, including transcripts and references. They will schedule an interview (in person or by phone/web call). After the interview, the committee will formally review your application. We will notify you within two weeks of your interview regarding acceptance.
NOTE: WMI does not offer support for international student visas at this time.
WMI looks for candidates who demonstrate:
- The academic ability to pursue an intensive and deep study of child development
- A bachelor’s degree is not required; however many teaching positions will require a B.A. in addition to a Montessori diploma.
- Adequate oral language and writing abilities
- High-level organizational abilities to manage the varied requirements of the course
- Integrity of character and maturity of personality congruent with the demanding and important work of leading a community of young children
- Openness to new ideas and a revolutionary approach to human development
Please be ready to provide the following information with your application:
- Applicant’s contact information and demographic information
- Previous Montessori training, if applicable
- For international students or non-native English speakers, TOEFL score submission (minimum requirement of 80)
- 2-3 references (professional or academic)
- Educational history/employment history/resumé
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition varies by course, generally between $12,000-$16,500
- WMI offers three (3) payment plans, depending on the course
- Application Fee of $100 (non-refundable) for all diploma courses
- WMI does not offer financial aid but applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarships
- Extra fees for books, AMI membership, and supplies for material making
- Please refer to the individual course page for details